Raymond was invited to speak at a conference entitled ‘What can the industry do to tackle electronic payment fraud?’ organized by TLT LLP on 12 October 2017.
Emily Cox, Lead Lawyer, Which?
Carole Begent, General Counsel, Payment Services Regulator
Shahmeem Purdsay, Director of Legal and Policy, Financial Crime, UK Finance
Neira Jones, Board Member and Ambassador, Emerging Payments Association, Non-Executive Director, Cognosec
Raymond Cox QC, Fountain Court Chambers
The discussion topics included:
- The trends in electronic payment fraud and what might this mean for the future.
- The expectation on banks to protect customers.
- The role of the customer and education in preventing fraud.
- Customer convenience versus customer protection.
- How the courts are interpreting the law.
- What new measures and liabilities the industry might face in the future.
- What lessons we can learn from tackling card and cheque fraud.
- Whether technology can help deliver practical solutions.