Raymond and Eleanor Davison of Fountain Court Chambers spoke at the Financial Services Day conference for DLA Piper, entitled “Looking to the Future”, on 8 March 2018 at Armourers Hall, London. Raymond spoke on these topics:
Developments in relation to bank liability for authorised payments
- Payment Systems Regulator, “Authorised push payment scams: Outcome of consultation on the development of a contingent reimbursement model”, 28.2.18.
- Singularis Holdings Ltd (In Official Liquidation) v Daiwa Capital Markets Europe Ltd.  EWCA Civ 84
- Golden Belt 1 Sukuk Co BSC(c) v BNP Paribas  EWHC 3182 (Comm).
The introduction of image clearing of cheques
- What it means for cheques.
- Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015
Proposal for a Financial Services Tribunal system
- “The FCA has now listened: banks, it is in your interests to listen too.” Richard Samuel; C.M.L.J. 2018, 13(1), 3-25;
- C.M.L.J. 2017, 12(3), 277-298
- C.M.L.J. 2016, 11(2), 129-144
LIBOR: Property Alliance Group v RBS  EWCA 355
- Implications of the Court of Appeal decision on the test case.