Raymond has acted in commercial, banking, insurance and reinsurance arbitrations.
Much of Raymond’s arbitration work arises out of choice of law and jurisdiction disputes. He frequently acts in disputes relating to jurisdiction involving the Brussels Regulation or non EU jurisdictions. Much of his experience involves a foreign law or laws, and the Rome regulation. Raymond regularly advises in cases from Singapore, and was admitted to the Cayman Bar.
- MCIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators)
- Arbitration of share put option agreement and guarantees (2016)– LCIA – claim for $147m – Russian, Cyprus and BVI entities – arbitrator.
- LCIA arbitration of claims for $100m lent by Russian owned company to Russian individual (2015) – Cyprus law and guarantee liability.
- LCIA arbitration of potential claims for Chinese owned buyers relating to supply of iron ore (2015) – parties to the arbitration contract – effect of insolvency – personal guarantees.
- Diag Human v Czech Republic  EWHC 1639 (Comm) enforcement of an award in Czech arbitration – decision of Austrian court that award not binding within New York Convention – issue estoppel.
- Diag Human SE v Czech Republic  EWHC 3190 (Comm) application for an order for security for costs in an application to set aside an arbitral award enforcement order under s.101 Arbitration Act 1996 – refused where the amount of the award and interest would far extinguish the costs of the enforcement of the award.
- Telecoms in Saudi Arabia – acting for mobile virtual network company in dispute relating to grant of licences in Saudi Arabia – LCIA arbitration.
- Arbitration proceedings against East European state – enforcement and freezing proceedings in many different jurisdictions – issues of State Immunity.
- ICC arbitration under ISDA Master – structured products – advising in relation to potential proceedings.
- LCIA arbitration of issues relating to interest rate swaps and currency options – ISDA Master Agreement.
- Arbitration of quota share reinsurance dispute.
Raymond is the author of “Evidentiary Standards in Financial Arbitration” in International Financial Disputes: Arbitration and Mediation (eds J. Golden and C. Lamm, OUP, March 2015).