Raymond’s experience covers the spectrum of commercial disputes. He has acted in relation to joint ventures, share sales and transfers of business, commodity, currency and other trading disputes; distribution and agency agreements; partnerships and private equity finance. He has acted in relation to commercial freezing orders, injunctions and conflict of law disputes. Recent highlights include:
- Tullow Uganda Ltd v Heritage Oil and Gas Ltd.  EWCA Civ 1048 (Court of Appeal) – Contracts of indemnity – Oil and gas industry – acting for defendant on appeal relating to tax assessments and Uganda.
- Marex Financial Ltd v Creative Finance Ltd.  EWHC 2155 (Comm) – foreign exchange broker – close out of client’s USD 800m position in NZD/JPY and EUR/JPY – duties owed to client on closing out – Marex not entitled to mark-up spreads on the close out of a client’s position.
- IKON International (HK) Holdings Plc v IKON Finance (2015) – application to discharge or vary world-wide freezing order and for security, on grounds of non-disclosure among others.
- Major US law firm (2015) – advising in relation to obligations of global clients in relation to confidentiality agreements, conflicts of interest and intellectual property – obligations of the law firm.
- Sovereign medium term €10bn issue of notes – acting in freezing application in respect of interest payments under the notes.
- Societe Generale v Goldas missing US$500m consignments of gold – freezing orders.
- Calyon v Awal Bank – freezing orders.
- Shipbuilding (2015) – loan facilities for 4 vessels to be built in Chinese yard – impact of breaking swap contracts on loan facilities – acting for shipowners against bank.
- Target Forward Redemption contracts – misselling in Saudi Arabia – over US$400m loss – acting for one party in relation to arbitration
- International hotel Joint Venture – acted in dispute re break up of Joint Venture.
- UK/US solicitors firm – acted in breakup of firm.
- European Enforcement Order Regulation 2004 – acted in proceedings for enforcement by shipping agent.
- Options to purchase shares – capacity and duress – effect of the options – advising.
Raymond is a contributor to Law and Practice of Commercial Litigation in Singapore (Sweet & Maxwell, 2015).