Raymond has acted in relation to matters in Singapore, the Channel Islands, Caribbean and Asia. Recent highlights include:
- Singapore (2014) – conspiracy – equitable compensation – advising in relation to appeal to Singapore Court of Appeal.
- TMT Co Limited v RBS (Singapore, 2016) – Freight Forwarding Agreements – claims relating to margin requirements – providing expert evidence .
- UOB (2016) – sale of customer’s bonds and notes by Remisier – induced by alleged fraud – customer claim against bank – agency, attribution and verification clauses – advising the bank.
- Jersey Fund management – investments by the Fund – alleged failings by Manager, Custodian and Directors –investing and monitoring breaches – breaches of net asset value limits – Jersey proceedings – acting for Bank defendants and advising Directors.
- Awal Bank and Al-Gosaibi and others – acting in proceedings in Cayman, UK, USA, Bahrain, and Saudi Arabia.
- RC Cayman Holdings v Ryan (2013) acted for claimants in dispute in Cayman relating to guarantees on share sale.
- Octopus Cards Limited Hong Kong – licence under amended Payment Systems and Stored Value Facilities Ordinance, Cap 584 – advising (2016).
- Glorious Property Holdings Limited (2014) Hong Kong – advising in relation to whether the intended mechanism for privatisation of the company was prohibited by the terms of Senior Notes issued by the Company, or would require the approval of noteholders.
Raymond is recommended as a leading silk in Commercial The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017.
“Commercial and insightful and precise”, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017.
Raymond is the author of “Evidentiary Standards in Financial Arbitration” in International Financial Disputes: Arbitration and Mediation (eds J. Golden and C. Lamm, OUP, March 2015).